Approximately eight acres of land were purchased on July 15th, 1979 for the potential church. On September 11th, 1983, 35 people attended the first service in Unit 44 at The Settlement. The church was officially chartered on February 26th, 1984. On November 11th, 1984, a trailer was furnished by the Board of Missions and 38 people attended the first service in the trailer. Dr. Ralph Bailey, founding pastor, preached at Skidaway for five years. Groundbreaking occurred on November 15th, 1987. In June of 1988, Rev. Jim Giddens was appointed as the pastor, and on July 17th, 1988, 128 people attended the first service in the new chapel. Groundbreaking for Bailey Hall, the church office, and Sunday school rooms happened on February 28th, 1992. Membership at this time was 274. The memorial Garden was consecrated on September 19th, 1993. On January 10th, 1999, groundbreaking took place for the sanctuary and additions to the education building. Additional classrooms, office space, choir room, and storage area were completed in November 1999. The dedication of the sanctuary was held on April 9th, 2000. As of March 2017, the membership stands at 1424.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.